Friday, January 19, 2007

From: Buffalo To: Africa



I woke up this morning with Laryngitis. It was necessary for me to go into work for a meeting at 9:30 but then I took the rest of the day off. I spent most of the day putting together a photo sharing page and linking it to this site. For some reason my computer decided to freak out every two and a half minutes. I tried yelling at it but it was no use, on account of the lost voice. Lesson learned.

Everyone has been asking me to see photos from our trip to Africa. So, without further adue (is that how you spell that?), here it is. The link is to your right. I'm sure the pictures are going to raise questions in your minds. Please, feel free to ask away. One of the reasons we went was to bring our experience back to you. To those who sponsored our trip, thank you. Without your willingness to bless these people none of this would have happened. We have already been blessed by this journey and I pray that all of you are too, even in some small way.

2 comments:

Sandy said...

Erik, thank you. What amazing pictures of such beautiful people. Its obvious how much you cared for them. I know that I cannot feel what you experienced, but many times your pictures brought tears to my eyes. Thank you for giving dignity to the Zambian people by not just giving your money, but giving yourself. The relationships you formed & the lives you touched will continue on long after you're gone from there. I will pray for you as you try to make sense of it all & make your adjustments back in your own world. Not an easy task, to be sure, but I know the trip was well worth it. God bless you friend.

Jim said...

Dude,
Nice little slide show. I enjoyed taking the trip down memory lane. I have to get you my pics asap, maybe tomorrow.