Wednesday, June 11, 2008

Legacy

Have you ever wondered what people will say about you after you die? What will your legacy be? If you could stand at your own funeral and recount your life, what would you say? Would you talk about the job you had? Or the car you drove? Perhaps the vacations you took or the clothes you wore? What will people remember about you when you're gone?

I'd like to think that when I'm dead and buried that people will remember me as being generous, kind, concerned, loving, helpfull. The problem is, if that's what I want people to remember than I better make sure that I'm living that way. It's one thing to say something and a completely different thing to actually do it.

We are building our legacies every single day with every word we speak and every action we take, or don't take. What are you doing today to insure that, long after you are gone, your impact is still being felt?

3 comments:

Sandy said...

Can I say that you are living the very qualities that you aspire to. And we'd best get to living and being the person we desire to be...cuz tomorrow is never a guarantee. What they gonna say about me?? Good question to ask ourselves...

jake said...

Welcome back to the blog world:)

Rachel said...

i like the way your brain works...you know what i mean? you are a good writer...